Monday, October 22, 2007

When I wanted to be a Girly man

I can only think of one real instance when I wanted to be a girl and not a boy. I was in middle school and I was a decent soccer player but not a great soccer player as I had always dreamed I would be. I can remember one day playing soccer in the backyard against my sister and some of her fellow high school teammates and just smoking the shit out of them by myself. And it was at that moment that I thought Golly if only I were a girl I would be awesome at soccer. I don't suppose I took into account the physical differences between boys and girls at that point but this is really the only time that I can recall wanting to be a girl instead of a boy for any significant amount of time. But I'm glad I'm a boy because I dont have to shave my legs and arm pits and wear makeup and all those other things that our society (me included) demands of women. I absolutely loath shaving (hence the beard at the moment) so the less of it I have to do the better. I really have nothing more to say about wanting to be a Girl/Woman.

No comments: