Monday, September 24, 2007

INDY Teach

My Text: Slam Poetry

Main Ideas
- introduce students to slam poetry
-have students comfortable using slam poetry

Activities
-Model a Slam poem for students at the start of class
-have students define a slam poem
-get students to create their own slam poetry

Essential Questions
-How is Slam Poetry different from regular poetry
-How can Slam Poetry be used in the classroom???

Ideas I'm Still Debating
-Slam Poetry competition
-MadLibs slam poetry...
-short video clip of slam poets in action


This is subject to change significantly since I can't get my Book until this coming thursday

1 comment:

Shannon said...

These sound like great ideas so far John. I think the most important thing with your particular presentation is that we see, hear, witness, and engage in the art of SLAM itself. This could be done in a number of ways, as you suggest. I'm looking forward to reading more of a synopsis on your text and learning what you will teach regarding the art of slam. Good luck as you continue to plan.